Quality: Content quality is an essential part of establishing a successful blog. A few years back, blogs were able to get somewhat popular for novelty, but today most niches are saturated at the point that some of the best blogs need some edge to be noticed. So for people who are starting out like me should work on their writing and content. Here are some blogging tips I have been using to improve quality of my content:
- Make a list of qualities and characteristics you like about your favorite blogs and see how you could incorporate them into yours
- Plan your posts ahead
- Write a rough outline for bullet points and sketch of the details for your content
- Learn about photography basics for blog photos
Advertising: Your blog is your product and brand, so advertising would definitely make a difference in your traffic, because you are able to target your audience. I personally do not have experience with advertising, but I have found pretty awesome beauty blogs through Twitter and Facebook advertising as a reader. Here are some advertising options I have been considering:
- Facebook "Boost Post" button claims to reach your targeted audience for a little as $15. You get to pick target counties, age and gender, which is great if you know your target audience.
- Twitter promotion can reach out to your audience and increase your readership and traffic as well
Social Media: Networking is necessary not only for targeting your audience, but also networking to build relationship with fellow bloggers within your niche to promote your blogs presence. Here are some tips I have been using to improve my social media presence:
- Research popular keywords and hashtags for your niche and incorporate them into your posts and tweets
- Pick at least two social media sites that you can actively use and network within your community by commenting, participating in chats and posting relevant content even it is not yours.
I have been enjoying my blogging experience more ever since I started incorporating these tips. Interacting with fellow bloggers on social media sites is an exciting experience that I have not encountered as a silent reader. Also constantly working on improving quality of my posts encouraged me to work harder and produce even better content in the future. It is a learning experience that I just embarked on and I am always interested in learning more about blogging. Let me know if you have blogging tips and tricks that you learned throughout your experience!