- Hard work is what pays off at the end regardless of what you do
- If you are trying to gain readership, then you have to know your audience, and talk to them to research what they want
- Learn from your experience by paying attention to your successful and unsuccessful posts for your future editorials
- Learn about search engine optimization, you have to make your posts searchable for your audience
- Networking is the key, build your audience through social media to get the word out
- Reach out to photographers, bloggers and brands to expand your reach and be prepared to convince them why they should work with you
- Don't take no for an answer when if you know you are qualified
- Be unique regard to your blog name and services compared to its competitors.
- Be yourself, people will only read your blog to know more about you. If you sell that, you will gain true readership
- Live within your means. It goes along with #10, if you don't have the budget to blog about expensive trips, designer purses and luxury makeup, then you are not really being true to yourself and your readers
- Put work into your writing and photography, which would set you apart from other bloggers
December 2, 2014
November 17, 2014
So I have finally came back to "regular life," which means I at least get a few hours of break here and there during the week to write this blog post. When people said med school was going to be busy work, they were not kidding. I just barely survived my neuro unit last week, and slept non stop with food breaks over the last weekend. I am not even joking or exaggerating.
I got a new Mac Air for school and am really enjoying it. I have't transferred my stuff from old laptop, and my hard drive is setup to be time machine, which I couldn't use. Somehow I have to convert the hard drive back to the regular hard drive setting to transfer all my photos for now. I just don't have to time to figure out how to use new technology these days.
Another problem is, I don't have any photo editing programs here on my new laptop. iPhotos is good only for good quality photos, and life is not always so easy with lighting when it comes to photography, so I need my editing programs most of the time. Hoping for lightroom for christmas....
I get thanksgiving break and hope to get a good amount of blog posts done for the rest of the year, so I can keep the blog updated. I am so excited to take photos agains. It is such a rewarding activity when things go well with lighting. Ok, new shoes, skincare, and lifestyle posts to come, thus stay tuned!
Did you know that Bethany Mota is on dancing with the stars? I just found out today. It is so crazy to see how youtube community I started watching from the beginning since 2009 is assimilating into mainstream lifestyle sector these days. It is just mind blowing. Who would have known? That just reminded me of how I have been discovering so many interesting jobs and professions that I never realized they existed.
That just made me realize how kids are forced into job markets without learning about millions of things they could do for living. I think that is the reason why many young people get stuck in life, because nothing they see in day to day bases resonates with what they want to do with their lives, and they are not any easily accessible channels for them to explore these obscure hidden fields and jobs.
I just totally went of topic. Can you tell I have not had any normal social interaction lately... Anyways, stay tuned for my upcoming posts.
November 5, 2014
|Dress: Inherited (similar) // Shoes: Nine West (similar) // Necklace: Tiffany's // Earrings: Tiffany's // Clutch: gifted (similar)|
I am alive and well (sort of...) I am taking neuroscience, neuroanatomy and anatomy right now and have exams coming up this week and next monday. This unit has to be one of the hardest for this year. I have no words for it. On the positive note, we went to a wedding for our college friends. They were together even before we started dating in college. The moment I found out they were together, I knew they were going to be together for good.
So it was very exciting for everybody to see them get married. Unfortunately, we were late to the ceremony, because we got lost on the way. Trust me it was not us, it was the GPS. Thankfully a guy redirected us to the right place. That awkward moment you are those people who are late to the ceremony... oops.
Anyways, it was a lot of fun. There was a nice brunch the day after the wedding for everyone, which was awesome. And the funny thing was that my sister in law got engaged the same night, so it was a pretty eventful and exciting night. Ok I gotta go and study weeeeee.....
October 27, 2014
Banana Republic Chelsea flats were my best friend last summer (reviewed here). I wore them during my PhD thesis writing and my epic trip back home in Asia for a month. They were comfortable and extremely chick looking. I eventually end up leaving it for my mom to wear around back home, because I was ready to move on. I might buy a patent leather or black one if I see them on sale or clearance. The Chelsea flats are definitely on my trustworthy purchase list in the future.
Currently, I am in search for a pair of splurge ballet flats with quality leather. I am in no rush, and have pretty high criteria for my purchase, so it is probably going to take some time. First, I am not going to pay full price, so it is going to be sales, clearance and outlet shopping. Second, it has to fit well. Third, I prefer somewhat neutral color for everyday wear. Clearly, these shoes don't usually end up at discount stores, so it would be my shopping challenge. So I guess you will see if I ever find a pair.
October 22, 2014
1. I don't own any of the Naked Palettes and I am totally ok with it. I know people love them, but they are just way too shimmery for my taste. I really tried to like them due to their hypes, but every time I swatch, I can't get over the shimmer.
2. I don't own the Ikea Alex makeup storage drawers. I really do love how they look. I think they are perfect for collectors. I personally try to be a "buy what you need" person, so I don't see the need for Alex drawers at the moment.
3. I don't own any Nars blushes or anything else from the brand for that matter. I don't know why, I just have this thing against overly hyped brands and products. Once, specially makeup gets this cult status, I just have this natural tendency to avoid them. I would not say I would never purchase anything from Nars, because I might...
4. I never wish I could blog for full time, because it would not be very fulfilling profession for me. As a hobby, I absolutely love it and would continue to blog in the future. So I don't blog for PR samples, sponsored posts or anything like that unless I really like the product, because I am not planning on making living from blogging.